Time & Location
About The Event
Our new Fall Fundraiser is virtual. It's a Virtual 5k or 10k. Run or Walk or Hop your way to helping True Impact Ministries feed and support children and families in Uganda.
Funds raised through this race will go to support the children and families that True Impact Ministries supports in Uganda. During the Covid-19 pandemic, the government lockdown in the country has caused many issues in Uganda. Schools, churches and many businesses are closed.
This means that hundreds of thousands of people are out of work. Children are at home where they are not guaranteed daily meals like they get while in school. Some do not even have beds at their home and need clothes and shoes. And some homes are not safe from criminals and animals and snakes.
True Impact Ministries is working with our in-country employees to provide assistance to these children and families. We are working to buy bedding and clothing for those that need it. We are also sending food and supplies to these families each month. All this is more expensive during the lockdown as food and gas prices have increased.
Here’s the bullet points:
- What: Virtual 5K/10K – You walk or run at your own pace, on your own time, wherever you are.
- When: Sign up NOW. Walk or run in October
- How Much: $35 (plus shipping & handling if you want the swag)
- What is Swag: A cool looking t-shirt and an equally cool neck gaiter for those Covid times.
- Why: Children in Uganda are struggling during the pandemic. No school means no guaranteed meal each day.
More details are here: https://www.trueimpactministries.com/virtual-race
Sign up here: https://runsignup.com/ImpactUganda